Friday, July 29, 2005

Burger Boy Food-O-Rama the BBF

I was reading the news from Parkersburg and saw a story where a 35 year old murder was solved using DNA. The murder took place in a BBF in Parkersburg. This name sparked my memory and prompted me to look it up on the internet. I remember when there were no Mc Donalds in my hometown but we had a BBF. I was curious what this stood for and found out that it stands for Burger Boy Food-O-Rama. Now, I would think I would remember this name but I didn't. I remember their sign was a spinning satellite looking thing. We eventually even got a Burger Chef and then finally a Mc Donalds which was located conviently down the hill from the Jr. High. I remember taking Eeebee in there once when we were both young and he was putting ketchup on his fries and the little packet backfired covering his entire face. It was so funny that I couldn't hardly contain myself long enough to get him a napkin to wipe it off with, which only compounded the problem cause now everyone was looking. I also remember my one "little" friend flinging pickles onto the window and watching them slide down. Oh the memories are just flooding back. I remember Aunt S walking us down to the BBF when we were little and getting us burgers and the same little friend from Mcdonalds when at the Burger Boy Food-O-Rama would pour salt all over the table and draw in it.

6 Comments:

Blogger EeeBee said...

OH I rember the ketcup explosion well what a direct hit. EeeBee

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remeber the BBF, that was the first fast food in Marietta, I was in High School when it opened, it was a place for us to go. However, probably the favorite hang out when I was going to school was the drive-in at Big Boy. I used to take you and your big brother to BBF, lol Aunt S

4:21 PM  
Blogger jab said...

Aunt S, was Big Boy's drive in the same as the "rootbeer stand".. the A&W? If not where was it? I wish I could remember Joe and Del's Drive-in. I was a little too late for that one!!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Rob Gorrell said...

I seem to remember the BBF being near the college where you turn out to what used to be Hart's ( Tractor Supply now). Is that right?

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the east main st. location on saturday nights in 1965...all of the hot rods, girls and alot of guys with their hair slicked back like elvis...oh how I feel sad that kids today didn't grow up in a happier time. BBF hamburgers were good. I think a small french fry was fifteen cents. Scottie---beam me back!

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really make it appear really easy with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be actually one thing which I
believe I would by no means understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely huge for me.
I'm having a look ahead to your next submit, I will try to get the cling of it!
Look into my web page : all about errol denton

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home